VICTORIA, BUTCHART’S GARDENS AND MALAHAT SKYWALK
Starting at $1200 Based on 4 Passenger Occupancy
Travellers Choice #1 Day Trip in the World as voted by TripAdvisor Users in 2018! A guest and tour guide favourite, these Victoria tours have it all. Take the ferry across to Vancouver Island and discover BC’s capital city of Victoria. Explore the Inner Harbour and downtown core before heading over to the incredible Butchart Gardens. See the vision of one woman in this masterpiece before visiting the newest addition to the island. The already world-famous Malahat SkyWalk; is an accessible 600 m TreeWalk through a beautiful arbutus forest with one of the best views one can wish for. Definitely a picture-perfect stunner! Fully personalized tour which guarantees total privacy in one of our full-size SUVs built for comfort and safety. High clearance and large windows are perfect for taking breathtaking pictures while enjoying the comfy ride.
- Meeting point at our location at 999 Canada place or complimentary pick up from any of the downtown hotels.
- 45 min Drive to the ferry terminal and boarding onto a ferry.
- Enjoyable cruise through gulf islands towards Vancouver Island. Make sure to have your cameras handy as whale sightings are quite common. After enjoying the rugged coastline and those playful mammals you are welcome to try onboard restaurant to have a breakfast which is made of the best of the pacific northwest ingredients.
- 30 min drive to Victoria inner harbour. Please take time to experience BC capital and his amazing historic sights such as the Royal BC Museum, the Fairmont Empress Hotel, the Parliament Buildings and explore the colourful Victorian architecture along Government Street. Wander through Chinatown, Bastion Square and Canada’s narrowest commercial street, Fan Tan Alley.
- 25 min drive to Malahat Skywalk. is an accessible 600 m TreeWalk through a beautiful arbutus forest leading to a spectacular gentle spiral ramp that takes you up 32m to a sightseeing lookout offering views of Finlayson Arm, Saanich Peninsula, Mount Baker and the distant Coast Mountains
- 30 min drive to Butcharts Gardens. What was once a cement limestone quarry becoming a world-renowned garden under the vision of Jennie Butchart. Starting with the Sunken Gardens, the Butchart family then added the Japanese, Italian and Rose gardens. Today you can explore over 900 species of plants over 55 sprawling acres with hints of the old cement factory remaining. Simply stunning!
- Return home with a relaxing evening sailing with BC Ferry back to Vancouver’s mainland and on to your hotel. The BC Ferry offers two great options for dinner! Take advantage of the self-serve restaurant or the all-inclusive buffet which represents the best of the pacific northwest cuisine.
A favourite among guests and tour guides alike, Victoria tours showcase one of the oldest cities in the Pacific Northwest. With so much to see and do, it is of no surprise that some of the best tours are tours in Victoria British Columbia. Touring Victoria at your own pace with a personal tour guide is one of the best ways to ensure you see what Victoria has to offer from the scenic drive to some of the best hidden gems on the island. Our private tours in Victoria will help you explore British Columbia’s capital
Chartered vehicle tour to Vancouver Island
Vancouver Island is easy to get to from downtown Vancouver. With a private tour with Ascent Car Rental, your tour guide will pick you up from downtown Vancouver, and start your journey with the 45-minute car ride from downtown to the BC ferry terminal.
Enjoy a cruise through the Gulf Islands
The pleasant journey to Vancouver Island starts with a pleasant ferry ride through the Gulf Islands towards Vancouver Island. Whale sightings are common on these ferry trips, so keep your cameras at the ready for any sightings of marine life, including sea lions and humpback whales. Victoria has many popular whale-watching tours, if you’re lucky you might spot some marine life on the Ferry! The BC Ferry crews are extremely knowledgeable about the local wildlife surrounding Victoria BC. From the ferry terminal, it is a 30-minute drive to Victoria’s inner harbour.
The Capital of British Columbia
Named after Queen Victoria, Victoria city started as a British settlement in 1843. Victoria was named the Capital City of British Columbia in 1868. The heart of Victoria, downtown Victoria, includes the famous Inner Harbour, The Fairmont Empress Hotel, British Columbia’s Parliament Buildings, and Canada’s oldest Chinatown.
City Tours of Victoria
Take the time to immerse yourself in the city’s history and explore Victoria. From the Royal BC Museum, the famous Empress Hotel, Parliament Buildings, and the colourful Victorian architecture along Government Street. Discover the hidden gems of Victoria through historic Chinatown, Bastion Square, and Fan Tan Alley, Canada’s narrowest commercial street.
Walk around Victoria Harbour
Set in the downtown area, the Victoria Harbour is a favourite with local guides. Visit Fisherman’s Wharf, and enjoy the stunning views from the water’s edge. No tour of Victoria is complete without a visit to some of the beautiful natural areas, parks and gardens such as a walking tour of the Butchart Gardens.
Visit the Beautiful Butchart Gardens
Originally a cement limestone quarry, the Butchart Gardens are world-famous. Created by Jennie Butchart, the Butchart Gardens include several gardens, with over 900 species of plants over 55 acres. Starting with the Sunken Gardens, the Butchart family expanded on the Butchart Gardens with the Japanese, Italian, and Rose gardens. Although the plants have taken over, there are still hints of the old cement factory remaining in the famous Butchart Gardens.
Beacon Hill Park
With roughly 740,000 square metres of parkland, Beacon Hill Park is one of the more popular attractions in Victoria BC with both locals and tourists alike. With manicured flower beds, wide-open fields, footpaths, and many options for sport and play, excursions to Beacon Hill Park make for great outdoor activities for the whole family.
An exciting place to be
A tour of Victoria has special offers for everyone. Starting with a boat ride on one of BC Ferries ferries, to getting to explore the history of Victoria BC, to getting to discover what makes this city so special and world-famous, to the scenic roads along the way, Canada has many beautiful attractions. Victoria is a great destination for a day trip or a tour. With an excellent tour guide to help you navigate the city, you may never want to leave.